How Do I Find Credible Auto Insurance Quotes Online?
At a time when we’re all looking for every opportunity to cut expenses, getting auto insurance quotes online is especially important. Online quotes offer a convenient and fast way to collect several prices and compare them. In a matter of minutes, you can get all the information you need to choose the best car insurance quote.
You’ll need to have a few things on hand in order to fill out the brief online applications:
• Your current car insurance policy’s expiration date and policy limits.
• Driver’s license information.
• Dates of accidents or tickets in the past five years.
• Your car’s make, model and sub model; year; VIN number.
• The mileage you drive to work each day.
• Membership in organizations affiliated with insurance companies, such as those offering discounts to military personnel, people over 50, or members of alumni associations or credit unions.
• An idea of the coverage you want.
The best auto insurance quote will be the one that fits your driving pattern and your budget. Start with quotes from several prominent companies and some that are new to you. Be sure to get a car insurance quote from your homeowner insurance company.
Compare the quotes based on exactly the same coverage. Refrain from choosing a policy simply on the basis of the first round of quotes. You can modify the initial car insurance quotes and refine your comparisons. Look at such things as:
• Would I rather make monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual payments? Paying for a whole year at once will cost less, but it might not be feasible for your budget.
• What discounts does the company offer? Ask that question online or with a phone call. There are dozens of possible discounts, including discounts for multiple policies with the same company, safety features in your car and a clean driving record.
• What is the maximum deductible amount, and least coverage, I can live with? Taking a higher deductible for collision or comprehensive coverage is a reasonable way to reduce premiums, but keep as much liability and medical payment coverage as you can.
• Do I need to be covered for glass breakage, roadside assistance, towing, and a rental car while my vehicle is being repaired?
• Is this company available around the clock in case of an emergency?
While online, check the insurance company’s record of performance and consumer complaints through Consumer Reports, the Better Business Bureau, J.D. Power or A.M. Best.
Continue to request updated quotes online based on changes in coverage. This may make the spreadsheet a little more complicated, but it’s well worth the effort. As long as you remain well-informed, then you’ll be able to find the best auto insurance quotes online.